Sunday, January 22, 2012

Salsa

I looooove salsa, but I hate chunky salsa. I have tried every kind of store brand salsa and they are all chunky. So I have made my own. This has a nice bite to it already. Feel free to spice it up more if you like.



Salsa
Makes about 6 cups

28-ounce can whole tomatoes (peeled) with juice
2 10-ounce cans Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 jalepeƱo, quartered and sliced thin
1/3 cup green bell pepper
½ cup cilantro
Juice from ½ a fresh lime
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cumin



Add all ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until you get desired consistency. Refrigerate for at least one hour, and then serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

If you prefer a milder salsa, remove the seeds from the jalapeno before adding it to the food processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment